I can’t be the only one who thinks the radio lacks any and all variety. There is rarely any new or different songs on the radio, and it really pisses me off. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this fuckery, but I have, and I am pissed.
Honestly, I feel like we have all just been pissed at this for years, and maybe that’s just where we are as a society. We are so used to being pissed at the repetitive bullshit in our lives we just try to ignore it and say, “Well that’s life for yah”, while we hate ourselves for knowing every word to Baby Shark because it’s EVERYWHERE.
I am so fucking tired of hearing these irrelevant music artists, that may I remind you are probably paying millions to be promoting the SHIT out of their music on radio stations across the country. Then those stations don’t play ANY OTHER form of artists besides the same ones other competitors are playing.
I have no idea who’s ingenious idea this was but its complete and absolute brain wash. No matter where you go its the same Shawn Mendes bullshit making your ears bleed.
I bet you’re probably wondering, “Cece, why is this bothering you so much that you decided to genuinely write a blog about it?”
I have to say that is a marvelous question you have asked, and I have one answer to that.
I have ran into the same irritating, sad situation so many times when I turn on my fucking radio. Nothing new. I can almost predict the songs playing, like this afternoon for example.
I wanted to treat myself to some lunch, and instead of paying or a delivery service to bring me it, I decided to pick up. My job is super cool, and if I want lunch, I can step out really quick to go get it.
So, I get in the car and decide that I won’t plug in my phone for music per usual to save battery. That’s not an issue because the radio, duh.
It was funny, because as I reached for the power button on my dash, I even tried to guess the most stereotypical song that would be playing as if I expected anything to be different.
I am not kidding, Shawn Mendes playing. As I was catching myself singing along, I really started to get pissed off thinking about how ridiculous this shit is.
I changed the station, again, and again.
Next station was a song by Train, next was a Drake song. What’s fucking new?!
No matter what station I went to, each station was playing the same playlist that seems to rerun daily for that station.
Have you ever noticed how if you listen to the same radio station for like… a week, that you actually have most likely listened to the same 57 songs about 4 times in a row?
It’s like there is nothing new happening in music. There is ZERO variety on these music stations.
The funny part is that there is SO MANY new artists, and genres of music, that we shouldn’t even be hearing the same song more than once in a day.
Why don’t radio stations play more genres of music, more new artists, or play new singles to help promote small artists?! I am so damn confused.
If you guys know anything, leave your comments below – I would love to hear them!
So, I currently use Spotify for all of my music streaming, and have for years actually. I love the features of customized playlists based on the music I listen to, and usually keep up with my “Discover Weekly” playlist that refreshes every monday.
I like to stream my own music and use this app to find even more new music, and my car rides are never dull, like the one I went on today.
This week, I got a new playlist called, “Your Top Songs 2019”, and honestly these songs took me on a rollercoaster of emotions and vibes that I held and grew out of during the year.
I thought I would share all of those songs in case you were feeling the same way I was about the music on the radio in 2019, it sucks.
These songs bring so much emotion into my soul, and I felt like my blog readers could find this beneficial when it comes to getting to know me, and relating on some of my favorite songs of 2019(no particular order)! Thank you so much for being here with me, and surviving another year of growth.
I am so proud of you.
Music affects us in tremendous ways, such as setting the mood, providing insight, aiding in memory, and even the stimulation of regenerating new brain cells. That’s right, music helps you heal.
I think with the right music, anything is possible. Music has helped me at every turn of my life, and I really couldn’t imagine my life without it.
Music brings everything in life together, and maybe helps you forget about shit that doesn’t matter for the time being.
Here’s to the finish of an amazing decade, here’s to 2020!
Here’s a little piece of me. I hope you listen to this music in the car, getting ready, or even for your New Years Eve Party Playlist 2020!
- Easy Boy by GATTUSO, Liquid Todd
- VIBE by Just A Gent
- Down For Life by 3LAU
- Moon Love by Boombox Cartel
- Losing It by FISHER
- Rescue by Zeds Dead, Dion Timmer, Delaney Jane
- I Wanna Know – ODEA Remix by RL Grime, Daya, ODEA
- Many Worlds by DROELOE
- Tight by Kaskade, Madge
- Every Every (Telykast Remix) by MOONZz, TELYKast
- Higher (feat. Chance the Rapper & Blue Hawaii) – Remix by Brain Fresco, Just A Gent, Chance the Rapper, Blue Hawaii
- Damn Right by SQWAD
- Favorite Sound -BRKLYN Remix by Audien, Echosmith, BRKLYN
- All My Love (feat. Conor Maynard) – Sagan Remix by Cash Cash, Conor Maynard, Sagan
- NUMB – pluko Remix by Hayden James, GRAACE, pluko
- Balenciaga by Cheat Codes
- Water Garden by Super Duper
- By My Side by SMLE
- I Want You (Party Pupils Remix) [Ft. Matthew John Kurz] by Robotaki, Manila Killa, Party Pupils
- Grapevine by Tiesto
- Stars Tonight by Zeds Dead, DROELOE
- All In by Throttle
- Radar (ft. HONNE) by Wethen, HONNE
- Fire In My Soul by Oliver Heldens, Shungudzo
- Kaleidoscope (feat. Crystalline) by Champagne Drip, Crystalline
- Good Vibe by BRKLYN, Zack Martino
- Sit Next to Me – Stereotypes Remix by Foster the People, Stereotypes
- Rollercoaster by Audien, Liam O’Donnell
- Move All Night by SNBRN, Autograph, KOLE
- Surrender by Duke & Jones
- Let Me Go by graves, Aviella, Lil Traffic, Hex Cougar
- Purple Ghost by Chuurch, Bricc Baby
- Own My Own – ZAAX Remix by Lookas, ZAXX, Able Heart
- Fun – S2_Cool Remix by Kaskade, S2_Cool
- Creep On Me – QUIX Remix by GASHI, QUIX
- superlit by gnash, Imad Royal
- Blue Science by Champagne Drip
- Body by Loud Luxury
- Era – 1788-L Remix by RL Grime, 1788-L
- Say Yeah by TroyBoi
- Hypnotendiez by PEEKABOO
- Moon by sumthin sumthin
- Control by Emmit Fenn
- Black Magic Woman by Madeaux
- How You Love Me by 3LAU, Bright Lights
- Pounds by Chill Children, BACKWHEN
- Fixed On You Taiki Nulight Remix by Hotel Garuda, Violet Days, Taiki Nulight
- Shake Something (feat. Joey purp) by Louis the Child, Joey Purp
- On My Mind by 3LAU, Yeah Boy
- Giving Up (feat. Jaden Michaels) by QUIX, Jaden Michaels
- Run Away by Manila Killa
- Twilight vs Breathe (feat. HALIENE & Matthew Steeper) by Adam K, Soha, HALIENE
- Running To You by SLANDER, Spag Heddy, Elle Vee
- Cold Blooded by Jarami
- Light by BLU J, Nevve
- Pray ft Kameron Alexander (Blanke Remix) by ILLENIUM, Kameron Alexander, Blanke
- Between The Words (with Matt Maeson) by Devault, Matt Maeson
- Sundress by A$AP Rocky
- Too Proud – Japanese Wallpaper Remix by Broods, Japanese Wallpaper
- Solid Gold by PNAU, Kira Divine, Marques Toliver
- Breathe by Camelphat, Christoph, Jem Cooke
- Feel Love by Feed Me, Rosie Doonan
- Up All Night by R3HAB, MOTi, Fiora
- Hey Bud by Decadon
- Awake – KRANE Remix by Alison Wonderland, KRANE
- I Don’t Even Know You Anymore by Netsky, Bazzi, Lil Wayne
- Don’t Kill My High by Lost Kings
- Golden Dreams by BLU J
- Lift You Up by Zeds Dead
- Love Thang (ft. Ookay) by YDG
- Zone by KingJet
- Be The One (with Kaskade) by Cheat Codes
- Sunny by AOBeats
- Blame – Gorgon City Remix by Zeds Dead
- Bother Me by Dillon Nathaniel
You can also follow & listen to my 2019 Spotify playlist here!
Don’t worry, this isn’t a sponsored post or anything. I just really love this playlist and wanted to share it with you! As you can tell, I really love electronic/dance music!
If you enjoyed this, please consider sharing it with your friends, & follow my blog!